Thursday, May 9, 2013

Guest post with attending author Heather Gunter




I have been asked by several about why I chose to blog as well as write. Here is where it all began..Since I was a little girl I have always had a love of books. I was all over Little House on the Prairie, The Babysitters Club and Anne of Green Gables series. I could not get enough. I would read until my hearts content and well into the night just like I still do. Hence the name of my Blog Into the Night. I would scour antique shops for all of the Nancy Drew series books where I could get them for next to nothing.
I had such a love of these books that I wanted to be in these stories. At the age of 12 I decided to start writing my own stories. They were tales all right and I have had a love of writing ever since. I loved creating something. A new place with new people and different names. I loved coming up with character names.
Then I found this community that I never knew existed. This Indie Community where you can actually support the Author's themselves and as well as a place you could actually live and follow your own dream. Blogging became a way for me to be able to spread the word. A way to tell everyone what books they were missing out on and not reading and why they needed to read it. I am so passionate about my books and my husband so does not get it... 
Indie Author's have written some of my very favorite books and are so over looked.The Indie community is also where I have met some of my closest and best friends. People that will forever be in my life. Life long friends that I hope to meet one day.
If it were not for my friends I would not be writing and publishing my first book and following a dream I have had for more than 20 years and for this I will always be eternally grateful.
This is also a place that when someone needs help we all pitch in and do what needs to be done. I said this earlier today to someone I admire. Charity is more than just a word but the actions you put behind the word. I am proud to be a "small" member of this community. Though there may be ups and downs we all rally together when it counts and that is something to be proud of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment